If you have a concrete floor in your building, you will have heard about epoxy flooring. This is a great substance that will make your concrete floor much more durable. It will also make your concrete floor look much better than just a boring grey concrete floor. If you have heard of epoxy, but you are not sure how it works, then let us clear up the mystery. Here is what an epoxy installer in Vancouver will do when you get someone to come and upgrade your floor with epoxy. You will be impressed with how easy it is to give your floor a new life.
- The first step will be to sweep the concrete floor from corner to corner. This will help get rid of any dirt or debris on the surface of the concrete floor.
- Then the epoxy installer in Vancouver will wet the entire floor and a power scrubber with a brush attachment will be used to thoroughly clean the floor. This is important for the epoxy to adhere to the floor.
- Then a mixture of water and muriatic acid will be sprinkled onto the floor.
- Then they will scrub and etch until the entire floor is completely etched with the water and acid. After this is done the floor will be left to dry for a minimum of 24 hours.
- Then the epoxy will be mixed. There are different kinds of epoxy for different kinds of floors. The professionals will be able to tell you exactly what epoxy will be best for your floor.
- After the epoxy is mixed, a small amount will be carefully applied to the perimeter of the floor. The same way you would make sure to protect your windows from paint. The epoxy installers will take care not to damage the edges of your walls.
- Then the epoxy will be rolled onto the entire floor.
- Then finally a second coat is applied to assure desired results.
This is a very basic example of what the epoxy installer in Vancouver will do to give your concrete floor a better look, feel and toughness. You can speak to some professionals to find out exactly what the procedure will be for your specific floor. Canadian Floor Coatings is a good place to call for more information about epoxy. They have made it their business to help people upgrade their residential or commercial floors.